Our broad range of bespoke training programmes maximises the development potential and safety awareness of our employees ashore and at sea.
Training programmes for our office staff include:
- Enduring Leadership: a programme designed to create a leadership team with the skills and capabilities to deliver our strategy, optimise the performance of our people and adopt a leadership style that creates enduring value
- Gearbulk Online Training: bespoke courses covering chartering, operations, marine accounts, anti-trust and anti-bribery and corruption
- Classroom training and video conferencing on a wide range of subjects, including introduction to finance and integrating our new business service centre into the organisation
- Ship visits to improve understanding of our vessels and how they operate
For seafarers, our goal is to train beyond regulatory requirements. Areas where we invest in additional training include:
- Bridge team management
- Ship handling
- Engine room simulator training
- Cargo pre-planning
- Pollution Control
We maintain an active training programme for our Deck, Engineering and Electrical cadets as well as other ranks.
Broadband at Sea
Surfing the internet is something most of us take for granted but many merchant ships still don't have internet access. In 2012, Gearbulk rolled out a marine broadband service across its owned fleet. This has greatly improved our internal communications and policy awareness. More importantly, it helps crew keep in closer touch with families and friends during their months at sea.
Lunchtime University is a programme which encourages Gearbulk staff to share their knowledge and experience for the benefitof their colleagues. The presentations, which take place during lunchtime, last between 30 to 45 minutes. Attendance is optional and participants are welcome to bring their lunch.