Our broad range of bespoke training programmes maximises the development potential and safety awareness of our employees ashore and at sea.
Training programmes for our office staff include:
- Enduring Leadership: a programme designed to create a leadership team with the skills and capabilities to deliver our strategy, optimise the performance of our people and adopt a leadership style that creates enduring value
- Gearbulk Online Training: bespoke courses covering chartering, operations, marine accounts, anti-trust and anti-bribery and corruption
- Classroom training and video conferencing on a wide range of subjects, including introduction to finance and integrating our new business service centre into the organisation
- Ship visits to improve understanding of our vessels and how they operate
For seafarers, our goal is to train beyond regulatory requirements. Areas where we invest in additional training include:
- Bridge team management
- Ship handling
- Engine room simulator training
- Cargo pre-planning
- Pollution Control
We maintain an active training programme for our Deck, Engineering and Electrical cadets as well as other ranks.