Our Environmental Policy sets out our commitment to protect the environment, prevent pollution and create enduring value while providing industry-leading and innovative ocean transport services.
To achieve these objectives Gearbulk will:
- Use an Environmental Management System to monitor and evaluate how our business activity impacts the environment, analyse the results and set improvement targets that are reviewed as part of our business management process
- As a minimum, meet all environmental legislation and dedicate resources to finding innovative practical solutions which will exceed requirements
- Apply environmentally-friendly technologies and best practices to continually improve our operational efficiency and reduce Gearbulk's impact on the environment
- Promote awareness of environmental protection, energy conservation and waste reduction within the organisation through our policies and procedures and the training and development of our employees
- Engage our employees, customers and suppliers to achieve a shared commitment for responsible environmental stewardship
ISO 14001 - Environment Management System
Gearbulk's operational and commercial offices are certified to ISO14001, helping to manage the environmental impact. Good progress has been made, particularly in the areas of CO2 emissions, fuel consumption and office consumptions.
We have continued to embed the EMS and have successfully passed external assessments by Lloyds Register (LRQA) for the shore side operation and by DNV-GL for Gearbulk owned vessels and Fleet Management offices.