As part of our commitment to provide cost-efficient and innovative service to our customers, Gearbulk has completed an extensive fleet renewal programme.
In 2012 we took delivery of five new vessels and celebrated the steel-cutting for two liquid pitch tankers. Our upcoming newbuilding deliveries are scheduled through to late 2015.
The newest additions to our fleet are being built with the environment in mind. For example, Fleximax IIIs carry 15% more cargo for 7% less fuel than Fleximax IIs.
During 2014 and 2015, we are expecting delivery of 16 vessels including:
- 3 Semi Open Jib Crane
- 7 Fleximax III Open Hatch Jib Crane
- 4 Fleximax II E
- 2 Liquid Pitch
Our newest ships are being built with our commitment to sustainable shipping in mind, including:
- Bow design which reduces the energy needed to propel a vessel through heavy weather
- Flipper fins which improve the water flow into the propeller disc, improving propeller efficiency
- Main engines de-rated to improve fuel consumption
- Introduction of elctronically controlled main engines, optimised for low load operation, giving better combustion and higher fuel efficiency