What to Expect
An International Programme that will greatly improve your professional and personal development.
Each year our ships make thousands of port calls in more than 70 countries on five continents. During your international job rotations you will gain the knowledge and learning that help Gearbulk and their staff achieve their market leading postion.
This will include:
- Spending time on the Commercial desk to immerse yourself in the complexities of brokering deals and planning cost effective trade lanes
- Shadowing our operators in Manila who manage the logistics of a voyage ensuring an efficient and reliable service
- Working with the Port Operations group to ensure the smooth transition of cargo and supplies on and off the vessel
- Exploring marine accounting and how to measure the cost effectiveness of a voyage
- Working with the Technical Team in Bergen to understand effective ship management
- Spend time aboard a Gearbulk vessel to experience life at sea
The experiences you gain on the Gearbulk Programme will last a lifetime. However we offer so much more than just technical training. We will also provide additional development through personal learning and coaching. During the programme you will be:
- Asigned a mentor to support you throughout the programme and in your transition to a permanent role at the end of the 18 months
- Develop your general business skills and acumen through on the job training and experience gained in job rotations
- Receive sponsorship to complete the Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers (ICS) qualifications. The ICS is the only internationally recognised professional body in the maritime area. It represents shipbrokers, ship managers and agents throughout the world
- Learn about building relationships, leading people and other key personal skills through individual coaching and global workshops
- Develop a truly global mindset - experiencing different cultures with the chance to build relationships all over the world, which will help you to learn, develop and shape you career