Training & Development
Gearbulk believes that a comprehensive Training and Development programme enables staff members to develop their full potential and is essential for meeting business objectives. Managers are responsible for identifying training needs within their area of responsibility and for enabling an environment for coaching and development.
From classrooms to online courses, we offer a wide range of training programmes, including:
- Enduring Leadership: A programme designed to create a leadership team with the skills and capabilities to deliver our strategy, optimise the performance of our people and adopt a leadership style that creates enduring value
- Gearbulk online training: A bespoke online resource providing internal training, including Chartering, Operations, Marine Accounts and also regulatory training such as, Anti-Bribery and Corruption and Anti-Trust Compliance
- Classroom training, both internal and external, covering a wide range of subjects
- Courses organised in cooperation with the Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers
- Ship visits to improve understanding of our vessels and how they operate
Lunchtime University is a programme which encourages Gearbulk staff to share their knowledge and experience for the benefit of their colleagues. The presentations, which take place during lunchtime, last between 30 to 45 minutes. Attendance is optional and participants are welcome to bring their lunch.